Sunday, September 26, 2010
Bahamaian Curry Chicken
Having trouble desciding what to have for dinner why not try cooking up this recipe....
12 lbs Chicken wings, cleaned disjointed
¼ cup curry powder
2 tbsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
¼ cup lime juice
¾ cup curry powder
2 tsp. salt, as needed
2 whole allspice
1 bay leaf
¼ cup cornstarch
2 tbsp. sugar.
1. Clean the chicken wings, appropriately.
2. Season with curry powder, salt, pepper, and limejuice.
3. Toss until well coated. Set aside.
4. Cut vegetables as directed. Set aside.
5. Heat a pot on the stove until nice and hot.
6. Place the curry powder in the pot and cook in dry pot until nice and toasted, about 3 minutes.
7. Add the chicken and toss in the curry powder until well coated.
8. Add enough liquid* to pot just enough to barely cover the chicken.
9. Bring to a boil, and reduce the heat to low.
10. Add salt, whole allspice, and bay leaf. Cook for 15 minutes.
11. Add the vegetables to the pot, and cook for an additional 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
12. Taste and adjust the seasonings as necessary.
13. Thicken with cornstarch and cold water if to watery.
If bitter, add equal parts sugar and pineapple juice, until taste has been adjusted.
*Note: For extra flavor chicken stock can be used instead of water for liquid, but reduce the amount of stock.
Note: Serve with White Rice and Coleslaw
Pin It Now!