Just because we are off the beaten track doesn't mean that there isn't plenty to do! Andros is an island adventure for the lucky few who come here . . .
Here are just a few of some of our favorite island experiences:
- Scuba Diving - We are situated right next to the Tongue of the Ocean, a mile-deep trench. Needless to say, we got some great wall diving. But we've also got several blue hole dives, a shark dive, coral gardens, caverns, and wrecks! Excellent diving from beginners to masters!
- Fishing - Andros Island is considered the Bonefish Capital of the World. Miles of pristine flats and waterways make this a bonefishing dream destination. But we've also got fantastic reef and deep-sea fishing too!
- Nature Tours and Birding - Andros is also known as "the Big Yard" because we have miles and miles of pristine national parks and forests. We have hundreds of inland blue holes, lots of local and migratory birds, all in a gorgeous setting . . .
- Sampling our favorite island dishes - Every Bahamas island has their own local flare, and Andros is no different! Come sample the Chicken Souse, or the "Fire Engine" Corned Beef. How about some Stew Conch, or Guava Duff? It's all here, and it's all delicious.
- Listening to some Bahamian music - Nothing completes the island experience better than listening to a local Bahamian band play their favorite tunes! At Small Hope, we have a band play on our "Bahamian Nights", then we have a beach bonfire!!!!
6. Crab Fest! - June on Andros means a great party! Crab Fest brings people from all over the Bahamas, as well as other countries. The festivities include live music, games, crafts, and crab cooked over 20 different ways . . . .Mmmmm!
Pin It Now!