Packing for vacation is always so exciting because it means . . . your going on VACATION! But with airline luggage fees, not to mention the hassle, it's great to bring just what you need.
Andros, Bahamas has such a lovely climate year-round, so no need for big heavy jackets or boots. Scuba divers and fisherman often want to bring their own gear, but Small Hope Bay Lodge has everything you'll need for scuba diving, snorkeling, and fishing here if you don't want to pack your own.
Here is a list of some of the essentials to bring on your Bahamas holiday:
- Swimsuit - The water is way too nice to miss out on swimming
- Good walking shoes - There are great nature walks around here
- Flip flops or sandals - The weather is warm. Give your feet a break with comfy sandals
- Light, comfortable clothes - Summers are very warm, but Autumn, Winter, and Spring often have beautiful warm weather too.
- A light jacket or hoodie - Not absolutely necessary in summer, but always a good idea
- Small, compact umbrella - We get lovely, tropical showers that are usually quite brief, but the umbrella will make getting from your cabin to the bar that much easier!
- Sun glasses - We get lots of sun
- Sunscreen - We get lots of sun
- A hat - Not mandatory, but . . . we get lots of sun
- Bug spray - We provide some bug sprays, but you may have a favorite brand that we don't carry.
- A good book - Always great to finally have the time to enjoy a book . . .
- Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc) - We will be adding these to our bathroom provisions soon, but contact us to ensure we have them or bring your own
- Mask and/or snorkel and/or fins - We have plenty here that fit most sizes but some people love to use their own stuff
- Dive gear - see above
- Fishing gear - see above. If you are wondering what fishing gear is best for Bonefishing click here
What we have at Small Hope Bay Lodge so you don't have to worry about bringing:
- Water bottles - in your cabin, and you get to keep them!
Pin It Now!